CTO / COO
Enterprise Architecture ~ Business Intelligence ~ Analytics ~ Reporting
· Accomplished IT Executive offering seasoned experience in consulting, project leadership, solution development, budgeting, strategic planning, vendor relations and driving process improvements which elevate productivity and slash expenses.
· Able to incorporate and manage analytics and reporting tools for multiple business units within an organization.
· Excel at leading unified teams of developers, analysts and IT administrators to achieve project and operational goals in consistent alignment with fiscal, timeline, and quality criteria.
· Advanced technical expertise complemented by equally strong entrepreneurial & business leadership experience.
· Demonstrated success in creating strategic/tactical roadmaps, scenario use cases, business requirements, integration plans, and application and database development approaches.
· Able to provide influential guidance and recommendations to senior management on IT strategy.
· Proactively interface with key stakeholders to propel forward-moving efforts, contain costs, and fuel continuous improvement across multiple initiatives concurrently.
SIBRIDGE Ltd., 2013 to Present
· Provided Solution Architecture leadership as part of a small Product Innovation Team for a large SIBRIDGE customer. Team was setup to deliver new portal views of end customer data using custom tools and commodity platforms, accessing multiple data sources, defining relationships, and visualizing the findings.
· Spearhead engagement technology and operating models including new “X As A Service” offerings, strategic partnerships, and continuous improvement to propel operational efficiency and growth.
· Provide cutting-edge solution architecture for new products and services with an emphasis in business intelligence, analytics, and reporting.
· Resourcefully institute a process and application-based approach to customers’ BI initiatives.
· Leverage SIBRIDGE Technology Enablement Program (STEP) to determine appropriate amount of Managed Services to include in customers’ architectures.
Cisco Systems, 2012 to 2013
· Provided technical leadership in BI and Master Data Management for the Cisco Advanced Services Proactive Network Operations Center (PNOC) operational data store.
· Recruited, interviewed, and selected qualified team members, provided onboarding and mentoring to new and existing personnel, and recognized outstanding performance to elevate morale and productivity.
· Oversaw architecture and design of portals, database, and ETLs, monitored database performance, troubleshot production issues, and joined forces with infrastructure teams to accommodate CPU, storage and network impacts of warehouse operations.
SIBRIDGE Ltd., 2001 to 2012
· Directed production engineering team in design and delivery of customer-requested product customizations and BI requirements for a large IP equipment manufacturer.
· Functioned as a contextual architect providing consulting expertise for multiple engagements/clients spanning industries such as logistics, telecom, and professional services.
· Collaboratively developed and optimized company’s internal business architecture methods, frameworks, and modeling processes.
Continued … ►
Professional Experience continued … Van Dorsey – Page 2 of 2
· Delivered business architecture expertise across multiple projects for Internet Hosting Provider client including include IP management, DNS administration, hands-off provisioning of servers, and usage collection / billing.
· Developed product architecture models for major IP equipment manufacturer using Casewise Corporate Modeler, Requisite Pro and Sparx Enterprise Architect UML tools, and defined architecture best practices to be used across product/software releases.
· Provided guidance to enterprise application roadmap and blueprint development for the “Big 4” (audit firms), specifically focusing on risk and compliance functional areas.
· Led conceptual architecture for Sprint’s Operations and Planning/Engineering Groups and orchestrated level 2
level bug resolutions for TTI Netcap in their production environment.
· Delivered high-level enterprise architecture guidance to Sprint International’s OSS development team providing service delivery and service assurance capabilities to their offshore optical mesh networks.
McLeodUSA, 2000 to 2001
· Steered deployment of OSS and back office applications to support the roll-out of the McLeodUSA national mesh fiber network.
· Oversaw vendor hardware/software evaluations, shared data architecture, network to OSS integration, application integration, hands-on optical lab setup, and network planning, modeling and simulation.
Raceway Parks Inc., 2000 to 2002
CIO / Vice President
· Directed technology infrastructure planning and development including telecommunications, computer operations, security transport, video transport, and application/database development.
Metamor Consulting, 1999 to 2000
Consultant / Conceptual Architect
· Led seamless architectural communication among program managers, release teams, business and IT management teams in support of Sprint’s Integrated On-Demand Network (ION) product.
Client 1st Corporation, 1998 to Present
· Evolved after one year from an independent consultant to deliver broad-based technology projects encompassing web services, data warehousing, infrastructure growth and decision support.
Inter@ctive Technologies, Inc., 1998 to 2000
· Formed, launched and oversaw all aspects of operations for full-service IT consulting firm including financial administration, marketing, client relations, strategic planning, and project management.
UNISYS, 1995 to 1996
Director, Solution Development
· Rapidly promoted from initial role as Program Marketing Manager to create and manage the Data Discovery and Demonstration Center.
WilTel, 1993 to 1995
Sprint, 1988 to 1993
Senior Project Manager, Senior Engineer, Program Manager, Engineer III, Analyst III
Associate in Electronics Technology National Institute of Technology, Cross Lanes, WV
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet (MCP+I)
Microsoft Certified Solution Provider